April 20, 2020
To Our Patients:
Your health and safety are our top priorities, and always have been. During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Dermatology Center will continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, as well as state and city health officials, as we schedule and care for our patients. We have outlined our procedures below to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable visiting us for your important dermatological care.
- Our office will remain open.
- We have advanced screening procedures as you enter the clinic, courtesy of Baptist Hospital, to assure no one enters the clinic with fever or active symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are continuing our normal hours, so that appointments can be distributed to avoid concentrating too many people in the office at any one time. We have also instituted new procedures to minimize wait times and ensure that you will be able see your provider quickly.
- If you have traveled outside the U.S. recently, or have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, or have had contact with others with fever or COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to the office for your appointment. Call us at 479-709-7340 to reschedule for 2 weeks in the future.
- Please limit visitors joining you to parents/guardians accompanying a minor and companions needed for transportation, communication, or personal care.
- Our staff members will not be permitted to work if they are running a fever or have any respiratory symptoms.
- The waiting room and all examination rooms and common areas will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. All magazines have been removed; we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the office, and hand washing is encouraged in our exam rooms and bathroom facilities.
- Telemedicine services are available! You will be able to use them going forward, if you wish, for certain types of visits. You can click on Schedule an Appointment or call and speak to a receptionist and we can help you get scheduled for your appropriate appointment type.
We will continue to serve you. We are committed to maintaining our practice as a safe and welcoming space for everyone who needs our dermatological services during this difficult time.
Please contact us with any questions. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. Stay healthy!
P. Craig Stites, MD, FAAD